When it comes to offering comprehensive eye care at our Phoenix Office, Walman Eye Center is focused on providing an environment in which patients feel at home. Those who choose Ds. Gerald Walman, Anuradha Paturi, and Christopher Marmo to attend to their family’s ocular health learn quickly that our practice goes unmatched by others in the area. Once you’ve experienced our compassion, kindness, and unique expertise, you’ll understand why our patients go nowhere else. To schedule a consultation with one of our doctors, contact us today.
Our Comprehensive Services
Routine eye exams – Having your eyes checked regularly can be as important as making routine visits to the dentist or your regular physician. As one of the body’s most delicate organs, the eye can be affected by disease and injury, causing not only vision problems but also significant health issues. Routine exams are essential in the prevention, treatment, and even cure of various eye diseases. Examinations run during a routine appointment may test things such as:
- Visual acuity
- Eye movement
- Peripheral vision
- The condition of your retina, fundus, retinal vessels, and optic nerve
Patient education in eye anatomy – Understanding the unique anatomy of the eye can help you recognize abnormalities and symptoms if they arise.
- Light rays refract off the clear surface of your eye called the cornea as they pass through to the pupil.
- The colored iris controls the amount of light that enters your eye.
- The pupil can be found in the center of the iris, where light passes through to the lens.
- The lens refracts light to properly focus it on the retina.
- Once light rays pass through the lens, the retina converts them into electrical energy and transfers them to the optic nerve.
- The optic nerve receives electrical energy and transfers it to the occipital lobe.
- Electrical energy is converted into an image in the occipital lobe.
Eye diseases – The diagnosis and treatment of eye disease plays a major role in the comprehensive eye care program at our Phoenix practice. Our specialties include the treatment of diabetes of the eye, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and other eye diseases. For diabetic patients in particular, annual visits to Walman Eye Center can help ensure there are no changes in the eye’s condition. State-of-the-art photographic technology allows us to check for and track such changes with amazing precision.
Refractive errors – When the eye is irregularly shaped, the light entering the eye is focused on the wrong part of the retina, causing varying degrees of blurred vision. Known as refractive errors, these inconsistencies in vision can usually be treated with prescription eyewear or refractive surgery.
Schedule a Consultation for Comprehensive Eye Care
After three decades in the incredible Phoenix community, our comprehensive eye care team has established a reputation for providing exceptional treatment. Our doctors don’t settle for second best and go out of their way to treat you with the most advanced technology and techniques and a heartfelt compassion that will keep you coming back for lifelong care. Contact Walman Eye Care today to learn more.