Do you wear contact lenses? Lenses can be worn for vision correction or simply colored lenses to add to the glam quotient. It can be a little scary at first to be able to wear the lenses, but with the right technique and perseverance, one can get it right. Over a period of time wearing them and removing them gets easier.
Here are a few easy steps on how to put in your contacts:
- Wash your hands with soap and luke-warm water in order to free them from any bacteria or germs.
- When putting or removing the contact lenses make sure not to rub your eyes, as it could potentially damage the lens accidentally as well as hurt your eyes.
- Tip the lens on your index finger before wearing it. Put in some medicated solution into the lens, on the side that is to be in contact with the eyes.
- Look at the mirror and with your index finger of the opposite hand pull your upper lid of the eye you want to put your lens in. Then with the middle finger of your hand with which the lens is held pull at the lower lid. Now with the index finger you can put the lens correctly and in position.
- Blink your lids a number of times so that the lens is in the right place.
- When you want to take off your lens, make sure your hands are clean and free from any bacteria.
- Just the way you put on the lens, pull at the lower lid of your eye with your middle finger. Gently pinch at the lens with your index finger and your thumb and pull it off. Once that is done remember to soak the lens in the medicated solution. It is important to keep the lens germ free, to ensure a clear vision.